Sumner County, KS
Darren Chambers, Sheriff
Sumner County Sheriff's Office
610 E. Hillside
Wellington, KS 67152
Civil Process Division-Out of State Service Fees
The following out-of-state court documents are exempt from the $50.00 service fee:
- Protection from Abuse and Protection from Stalking Orders that meet the requirements of the
Violence Against Women's Act 18 U.S.C. 2265.
- Court documents filed by government agencies - city, county, and state.
- All other exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Payment by Check/Money Order is due at the time of filing.
- There is a $50.00 service fee per defendant.
- The check/money order is made payable to the Sumner County Sheriff's office. You may use
one check/money order per case.
- Attach the check/money order to the top of the court documents. When available, list the case
number on the check.
- Court documents to be served should be sent to: Sumner County Sheriff, attn Civil Process,
610 E Hillside, Wellington, Ks 67152.
- Court documents should be accompanied with the following:
- A self-addressed stamped envelope (for the return of service).
- Service instructions explaining your states requirements for service.
- A Return of Service document that is required by the state and county of issuance.
- A cover letter explaining who is to be served, the address(es) for service, any information
that will assist in service (place of employment, telephone number, physical descriptions,
vehicles, etc.) and contact information of the attorney of person issuing the court
AREA LAW ENFORCEMENT