Sumner County, KS
Darren Chambers, Sheriff
Sumner County Sheriff's Office
610 E. Hillside
Wellington, KS 67152
Civil Process Division-In State Sheriff's Fee Payment Procedures
Payment by Check/Money Order is due at the time of filing.
- Payment is due by Cash/Check /Money Order payable to the Sumner County Sheriff in the
amount of $15.00 per address for service.
- You will need a separate cash/check/money order for each case filed. Please list the case
number or name of who to be served on the check/money order.
- Attach the check/money order to the top of the court filing. The Clerk of the District Court will
forward your payment to the Sheriff's Office with the papers to be served.
- Civil process that is exempt from service fees should have the words "Fee Exempt" noted on
the top of the Service Request Form.
Payment Fee Exceptions/Exemptions:
- Protection from Abuse Orders
- Protection from Stalking Orders
- Tax Warrants filed after July 1, 2004
- Alias Service when the original was not served.
- Service for process filed by Government agencies-city, county, or state.
- Indigent persons that have filed an indigent affidavit with the court. A copy of the affidavit
needs to be attached to the court documents.
- Post-decree divorce motions (legal custody, residency, visitation rights or parenting time or
modification of child support).
- All papers, order, etc. related to criminal cases.
- Actions under the Probate Code, which include:
All other exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Certified Probate Proceeding
- Probate of an estate or will
- Determination of descent of property
- Termination of life estate
- Filing a will and affidavit
Sumner County Sheriff does NOT serve court documents filed in Federal Court.
AREA LAW ENFORCEMENT